Download Linux Remote Desktop
Establish hassle free sessions with windows server. Download Linux remote desktop to start your windows project like a pro.
Install Remmina on Linux
Click on the link to download Remmina on Linux and get connected to the windows server.
If you plan to get connected to Windows 10, keep in mind, Windows 10 Home edition does not include connecting over RDP, so you must be running Pro or Enterprise editions to connect over RDP.
apt install remmina remmina-plugin-vnc. You can also use snap package (sudo snap install remmina)
Remmina’s user-interface is easy to use. Enter VNC protocol, fill the address of your VNC server and click “Connect !”
Add a connection
Click on “New” to open the “Remote Desktop Preference” section. And fill in the below credentials.
- User name
- Colour depth
Connecting to the server
Connect to the VNC server by selecting your server profile.
You will be connected within the next 30 seconds.
Establishing Connection With Remote Desktop
Scroll through these screenshots and streamline your connection with the remote desktop. Use Remmina to establish a secure and fast connection with the windows server.
How To Use Remote Desktop
Use Remote Desktop on your Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to a Windows 10 PC from afar.
- Set up the PC you want to connect to so it allows remote connections:
- Make sure you have Windows 10 Pro. To check, go to Start > Settings > System > About and look for Edition. For info on how to get it, go to Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro.
- When you’re ready, select Start > Settings > System > Remote Desktop, and turn on Enable Remote Desktop.
- Make note of the name of this PC under How to connect to this PC. You’ll need this later.
2. Use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC you set up:
- On your local Windows 10 PC:
- On your Windows, Android, or iOS device: Open the Remote Desktop app (available for free from Microsoft Store, Google Play, and the Mac App Store), and add the name of the PC that you want to connect to (from Step 1). Select the remote PC name that you added, and then wait for the connection to complete.
Frequently Asked Questions
Eliminate your doubts before downloading a remote desktop for Linux.
The easiest method for using a remote desktop is downloading remote desktop software for Linux, which will help you establish a fast, secure and reliable connection with the free windows hosting server.
To use a remote desktop in Linux, you first need to enable remote desktop sharing. Then from the file explorer, right-click on My Computer → Properties → Remote Settings, a pop up will appear, click allow remote connections to this computer, then select Apply.
- Team Viewer.
- Zoho Assist.
- Open Remmina.
- Click the green +
- Check How to find my computer name.
- Change the protocol to RDP.
- Next to Server, enter the name of the remote computer.
- Next to Username, enter your UMKC Username.
- Next to the password, enter your UMKC password.
- Next to Domain, enter UM-AD.